tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 05 05:13:18 1995

Re: What's wrong with "which"?

yoDtargh wrote:
> [...] What do you think of using {nuqDIch}?
> If I were to ask {tay Hovtay'vam yuQ nuqDIch?} (Which planet of this
>star system is civilized?), an acceptable response would be {yuQ wa'DIch},
> {yuQ cha'DIch}, etc.
> Likewise {ghomvam qama' nuqDIch wIHoHqang?}
> nuq DaQub?

Oooh, tricky.  It stretches just a teensy bit further than I'm comfortable
with at the moment, but it's certainly unambiguous.  I'm pretty sure that
I'd have understood {nuqDIch} had I encountered it "cold".

I don't object to it, but I won't start using it quite yet.  The more I
think about it, the more reasonable it sounds.  This is dangerous!

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level