tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 27 10:49:47 1995

From the Edge of the Galaxy

I am posting the following information for Glen Proechel - I hope it
may be of interest.  PLEASE NOTE: I'm *not* taking orders for Glen
- his address and phone numbers are provided below should you wish to
  contact him.  Thank you.

On the Edge of the Galaxy
        Information from the Interstellar Language School

Here is a list of new offerings from the ILS.

1. tlhIngan Hol:  Alien language Primer Book I	$15

An introductory textbook to learn and practice the warior tongue.
Practical exercises for the armchair space traveler who wishes to hone
his or her skills in communication with bumpy foreheaded aliens.
Practice in reading and writing, simple practical phrases, and basic
grammar.

2. tlhIngan Hol:  Alien language Primer Book II	$12
An intermediate textbook for those who wish to improve to improve
their skills in alien communication.

3. tlhIngan Hol:  Alien language Primer Book III	$10
An advanced textbook for those who wish to continue their mastery of
the most important aspects of the alien tongue.

4.  pIqaD exercise book.	$5
Learn alien calligraphy.  Read and write the warrior's tongue in their
own unique alphabet.  Become fluent in the written code of the Empire.

5. Audio Cassette:  Speaking Boldly	$10
This tape corresponds to the vocabulary and text of Alien Language
Primer: Book I and gives plenty of practice with basic sounds and
vocabulary.

6. qIb HeHDaq:  On the edge of the Galaxy.	Annual Membership $10
This quarterly journal is provided free of charge to all members of
the Interstellar Language School.  Articles about various aspects of
Klingonology.  Beginner's Corner News items about activities of pIntIn
and ILS members, clawword puzzles, humorous stories about events in
the Home World as well as announcements about things to come.

7. Language Camp T-Shirts. 	$15

8. The Warrior Tongue at Warp Speed	$5
This phrase book tells you things you need to know as a tourist in the
Homeworld.  Sightseeings tours, hotel, restaurant, bar, at the Space
Station, pickup lines and hints about pronounciation and simple
grammar.  Ideal companion for all who are planning a short trip to the
Homeworld.

8. Good News for Warrior Race			$12
The New Testament in Fedeartion Standard and tlhIngan Hol.  Read the
New Testament as interpreted by Christian missionaries to the Klingon
Homeworld.

   ------

HIGH COUNCIL MEMBERSHIP: A PROGRESS REPORT

Since our SOS for High Council Members went out in Sept. 17, we have
received  14 full council memberships and 3 associate memberships.  We
are now seeking 14 more High council officers between now and Sept. 1,
1995.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HIGH COUNCIL MEMBERSHIP?

Full members will contribute $100 and will receive the following:

a) lifetime membership in the ILS,

b) copies of Alien Language Primer Books I & II World Con Edition,
    pIqaD Exercises; audio cassette Speaking Boldly

c) Collecter's Edition of Good News for the Warrior Race

d) Certificate suitable for framing designating them as High Council
    members.

e) Perhaps most important, you will have the knowledge that you are
contributing to the welfare of a fan-run and fan-oriented
organization.  High Council will serve as an an Honorary Board of
Directors of teh Interstellar Language School and will be recognized
on all official ILS Correspondence.

Auxiliary or Associate Members will be those who contribute $50 to the
School.  They will receive a) a certificate b) their choice b) or c)
and a copy of Alien Language Primer, Book I plus membership in the
ILS.  Other materials may be substituted for something of comparable
value: e.g. ALP Book III; the phrasebook Warrior Tongue at Warp Speed
or the money can be applied to tuition at 1995 Klingon Camp.

Glen writes:  "Why make this offer?"
We took out a loan of $3,000 for expenses for the 1993 Klingon camp to
cover our debts from the City of Red Lake Falls.  The City has turned
hostile to our program and was trying to drag us into court before the
first payment of $1,500 was even due on Sept. 1, '94.  Thanks to the
High Council we paid it.  But we owe another $1,500 on Sept. 1, '95.
This is why we need your help.

Interstellar Language School
    P.O. Box 281
 Red Lake Falls, MN   56750
 Phone: (218) 253-4149   FAX : (218) 253-4149
 EMAIL : [email protected]

Back to archive top level