tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 17 12:57:25 1995

Re: KBLC: critique requested for personal "slogan"...

>Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 18:06:25 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: "Silauren, Half-Elven" <[email protected]>

>i just want an "official" judgement on the following:

>..vaj reH nISwI'wIj ray' chaHtaHjaj jaghpu'wI''e'.

"May my enemies always be my disruptor's targets."

Grammatically it works, tho I must say I prefer "pu'HIch" to your "nISwI'",
your note notwithstanding.  nISwI' sounds like a calque to me.  I'd stick
with pu'HIch; Okrand likely never gave thought to the fact that Klingons
always use disruptors and not phasers.

~mark

Back to archive top level