tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 01 18:07:08 1995

Re: what is {bom}?

According to Alan Anderson:

> I don't see {bom} in TKD, so either there's a third edition I've not seen
> or it's one of those words from the audiotapes that many of us will never
> see in canon.  From context, I assume:
>   {bom} = (n) song, poem, something like that
>   {bom} = (v) sing, chant, something like that

In HolQeD, vol 2, no 4, in an article entitled "Okrand's
Notes", bom is listed as both "sing" (one presumes this is a
verb, though Okrand didn't say one way or another) and "song"
(one presumes this is a noun, though again, Okrand didn't say).
The direct quote is "'sing' is bom. But a better translation
might be 'chang'." Also, "And the noun 'chant' might likewise
be somewhat closer to the mark as a translation."

> Whatever {bom} means, you have a fine one, David.

I agree.

> -- ghunchu'wI'

charghwI'
--