tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 01 04:55:35 1995

Re: what is {bom}?

At 07:41 AM 2/1/95 -0500, Alan Anderson wrote:
>I don't see {bom} in TKD, so either there's a third edition I've not seen
>or it's one of those words from the audiotapes that many of us will never
>see in canon.  From context, I assume:
>  {bom} = (n) song, poem, something like that
>  {bom} = (v) sing, chant, something like that
Yes indeed, bom means Song or chant.
This is from HolQeD. Marc Okrand submitted new  vocabulary
Yet another good reson to subscribe.

>Whatever {bom} means, you have a fine one, David.
qatlho'

>I'd like to point out that by using a 7-syllable meter and paired rhyming,
>you've made your {bom} compatible with the "universal" marching cadence.
>You know, the one where someone calls out a line like "TO the LEFT and TO the
>RIGHT," and everyone echoes it, and the next line is "WE will MARCH all DAY
>and NIGHT" with another echo, with an occasional "Sound off (one two),
>Sound off (three four), one two three four one two [pause] three-four!"

Excellent point and one  I hadnt thought of.  Originally I wnated this to
be tach bom.  You know, a bunch  of aile filled Klingons singing  loud and
butting heads.
>-- ghunchu'wI'

         David Barron  [email protected]  OR   [email protected]
                         Klingon Language Postal Course
                            PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
                 IT'S FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                       Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level