tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 01 04:26:19 1995

what is {bom}?

I don't see {bom} in TKD, so either there's a third edition I've not seen
or it's one of those words from the audiotapes that many of us will never
see in canon.  From context, I assume:
  {bom} = (n) song, poem, something like that
  {bom} = (v) sing, chant, something like that

Whatever {bom} means, you have a fine one, David.

I'd like to point out that by using a 7-syllable meter and paired rhyming,
you've made your {bom} compatible with the "universal" marching cadence.
You know, the one where someone calls out a line like "TO the LEFT and TO the
RIGHT," and everyone echoes it, and the next line is "WE will MARCH all DAY
and NIGHT" with another echo, with an occasional "Sound off (one two),
Sound off (three four), one two three four one two [pause] three-four!"

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level