tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 01 16:02:18 1995

Spoonerism.

I don't claim this as a "good" spoonerism... but spoonerisms aren't
always good English, either.

---

There was once a very timid, nebbishy little Klingon - kind of a
Klingon Barclay, if you will.  Once, when he was in his cups, he
nervously told a fellow warrior that when he was nervous he screamed.
Hard as this was to confess he meant to say:

	boH'a'  vIjach

But instead stammered out:

	joH'a' vIbach

Claiming to have shot the great lord he immediately was hailed as a
mighty warrior and eventually became the head of a great house.  Sort
of a Klingon "little tailor".

Yes - I realize that the verb prefix should have been jIjach - but
perhaps his being tipsy affected his grammatical sense?

	boH'a'  vIjach
 V: boH'a': (yes/no)? be impatient.
 V: vIjach: I-him/her/it/them scream, cry out, shout, yell.

	joH'a' vIbach
 N: joH'a': big lord.
 V: vIbach: I-him/her/it/them shoot.

Back to archive top level