tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 29 11:54:02 1995

Re: }} Quimby translation

According to Matt 'I am man, hear me watch Seinfeld' Treyvaud:

> Y'ello,
>
> What would be the best way to say 'Look at this, everyone! Twelve dead
> snakes!'?
>  The best I can do is
> Dochvam yItu'! wa'maH cha' gharghmey Heghpu'!

Try:

naDev peHa'! wa'maH cha' Heghpu'bogh ghargh'a'mey tItu'!

Of course, you might face social disgrace and possibly physical
reprisal for attracting so much attention to such an
uninteresting sight. In particular, you'd be suspected of
creating a distraction.  The typical response is to fire
disruptors at you first, then spin around to face whoever you
are trying to distract them from.

[just thought I'd add a little cultural enlightenment.]

>  And I'm not sure how to address 'everyone.' Do I just use {Hoch} where a
> name would normally go?

If you address the plural second person imperative, the
tendency would be to presume you meant everybody.

>  Matt

charghwI'
--

 \___