tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 24 14:10:19 1995

Re: }} KLBC: wamwI'

According to R.B Franklin:

> On Wed, 23 Aug 1995, Marc Ruehlaender wrote:
> > pemHovvaD vanDaj nobpu'DI' Dechbogh puH ghoSchoH
> > 	Ha'DIbaH wamlu'bogh SamlI'meH
>
> Only one small error that I can detect...
>
> pemHovvaD vanDaj nobpu'DI', HaDI'baH wamlu'bogh SamlI'meH Dechbogh puH
> ghoSchoH.

I might recommend that {leng} better suits "wanders off" than
{ghoS}. The latter term is associated with a specific course.
The object of {ghoS} is the noun associated with the course,
most often the destination. I think of it as {Qo'noS vIghoS}
meaning "I travel the Kronos course." That's why it can mean
both traveling TO or FROM Kronos. If I want to be specific that
I am going FROM Kronos, I'd use {-vo'}, or even more likely,
I'd use another name to describe the course to distinguish it
from all the other courses that go to Qo'noS (since, of course,
all courses lead to Qo'noS).

> > 			Marc 'Dochlangan'
>
> yoDtargh

charghwI'