tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 24 11:50:57 1995

}} Sov vs. ghov

 On 08-24-95 [email protected] wrote to [email protected]...

 k > On the cassete tape is the sentence
 k > Do you know anyone on Cronos?
 k > Qo'noSDaq vay' DaSov'a'
 k > Should this be Qo'noSDaq vay' Daghov'a'?

This is an interesting point.
{ghov} may be less ambiguous.

In Esperanto there are two verbs for "know":  [scias] for knowing
information and [konas] for knowing a person. (I hope I dont have
these two verbs mixup.)

There is no evidence that Klingon makes this type of distinction and
scence it *is* on the tape it's now canon.

So be it.

 k >
 k > peHruS

david
aka DaraQ
---
 * OFFLINE 1.58 * Se esperanto placxas vin vi amegos tlhIngan Hol-on.

Back to archive top level