tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 23 13:58:12 1995

Re[2]: }} FRAGILE... handle with care

On Mon, 21 Aug 1995 charghwI' wrote:

>According to Soqra'tIS:
>> ghItlh charghwI':
>> >lu'oy'moHlu'meH ngeDqu' chaH.

snip of Soqra'tIS mistranslating & trying to start a war.  (Soqra'tIS: You're
lucky I was away for a couple days.{{:-)   >)

>> ghItlh ghunchu'wI' (to Soqra'tIS):
>> >Assume I don't know what "fragile" means in English.
>> >How would you rephrase so that I would understand you?
>>
>> I was thinking along the lines of {tera'ngan be'pu'... ghorlu' ngeDqu' chaH}.
>> How's that ghunchu'wI' charghwI' je??
>
>It's pretty good, but with two main verbs, it isn't quite a
>sensible sentence yet. It is very near mine, except you lack a
>suffix on {ghorlu'} to make it dependent on {ngeDqu'} so they
>can both fit in the same sentence. Work on it a little more.

How about <bong ghorlu' chaH>.

I'm surprised that there isn't an adverbial for <easily>.

This is actually a moot point.  B'Elanna's mom proved it.  Human female are not
fragile, unless they want to be.

r'Hul

Back to archive top level