tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 21 20:47:04 1995

Re: }} FRAGILE... handle with care

According to Soqra'tIS:
> ghItlh charghwI':
> >lu'oy'moHlu'meH ngeDqu' chaH.
>
> Because they so easly show their pain, charghwI'?
> [Soqra'tIS, under pIpyuS chabvatlh free cloak, positions his craft betwixt
> charghwI' joH and r'Hul to provide covering fire ... just in case.]

Where do you get "show"? "In order that they are caused to
hurt, they are very easy." It's kinda idiomatic, but seemed to
make more sense than anything else I could think of quickly.

> ghItlh ghunchu'wI' (to Soqra'tIS):
> >Assume I don't know what "fragile" means in English.
> >How would you rephrase so that I would understand you?
>
> I was thinking along the lines of {tera'ngan be'pu'... ghorlu' ngeDqu' chaH}.
> How's that ghunchu'wI' charghwI' je??

It's pretty good, but with two main verbs, it isn't quite a
sensible sentence yet. It is very near mine, except you lack a
suffix on {ghorlu'} to make it dependent on {ngeDqu'} so they
can both fit in the same sentence. Work on it a little more.

> Soqra'tIS           [email protected]

charghwI'
--

 \___