tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 17 11:24:00 1995

Re: }} charghwI' writes his first poem

According to Marc Ruehlaender:

> ... somewhat fascinated by the new
> possibilities with the use of V-bogh as a noun modifier.
> (I'm still somewhat pessimistic though: I'm not sure about
> -be' on attributive verbs, as for TKD, it doesn't allow it;
> and now, can we say tInbe'bogh Duj instead of *(?)Duj tInbe'?
> Are V-bogh modifiers allowed on nouns in comparatives?)
>
> 				Marc 'Dochlangan'

While TKD does not really allow {-be'} on adjectival verbs, on
the audio tape Conversational Klingon, we have a canon example
in the number section:

wa'maH yIHmey lI'be'

I think this justifies the use of {Duj tInbe'}. I doubt anyone
would consider that controversial at this point.

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \