tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 09 22:28:19 1995

Re: }} jaghmey

According to [email protected]:
> * (I can't believe we have no way to say 'aim'!)

In Power Klingon, Okrand apparently uses the word {Qeq} as the
verb for "aim". The sentence is {'otlh peng Qeq}, by my ear. If
you prefer to stick to TKD vocabulary, then {DoS Suq} with
appropriate prefixes on {Suq} might work. It might also serve
to say {baHrup}, since aiming is USUALLY implied, unless
completely surrounded such that any shot would by necessity hit
somebody.

It reminds me of long ago on this list when someone wanted a
Klingon name for a Federation Starship and I recommended DoSna'.

> - tlhIngan veQbeq la'Hom marqem
>   Heghbej ghIHmoHwI'pu'!
>
>                          Mark A. Mandel
>     Dragon Systems, Inc. : speech recognition : +1 617 965-5200
>   320 Nevada St. :  Newton, Mass. 02160, USA : [email protected]

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \