tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 09 10:50:38 1995

Re[2]: }} Clarification on interpersonal stuff

Help!  I'm having problems translating this.

On 8 Aug 1995 [email protected] wrote:

>charghwI' qatlho'.  SoH qavuvqu' je.

charghwI' I thank you.  You I respected you also.
(I don't understand why <SoH> was used.)

>maghoHmo' neH jaghmey maHnISbe'.

We argue because only enemies ? hinder not.

Now I get really confused.

>qechwIj neH DaHIq.  jIH DaHIqbe'ba'.

My idea only behaves like liquor.  I obviously nor behave like liquor.
(I know my words are out of order, but I'm stuck.)

>qechwIj vIHub.  SoH vIHIqbe'ba'.

I defend my idea.  You (I'm not even going to try.)

>qay'be'.  ghu'vam vItIvtaH.

It is not a problem.  I enjoy this situation (continuous).

>ghItlh r'Hul:
>>This is what I joined the mail list for.
>
>jIH je'!

Me too!  (I believe that the <'> is a typo, right?)

 >-- ghunchu'wI'

r'Hul

Back to archive top level