tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 05 13:27:05 1995

Re: Re[4]: }}} Dialects (was:...

~mark writes:
>If you think about it, compounds are about
>the same in structure as N-N constructions, so a "SuvwI'be'" is a kind of
>"be'", while a "be'SuvwI'" is a kind of "SuvwI'".  For what that's worth.

A female warrior isn't necessarily a "kind of warrior" OR a "kind of
female."  She is BOTH a female and a warrior.  Can we use a conjunction
here?

Could {SuvwI' be' je} "a warrior and a female" be singular?  ~Mark, you're
"Mister Prefix" lately.  What do you think of {SuvwI' be' je yInuQQo'}?
This is NOT meant to be {SuvwI' be' je tInuQQo'}.

 -- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level