tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 04 09:34:53 1995

}} Re: prefixes + wI'

Riku Anttila writes:
>What you think of:
>
>DururwI'    =  Picture of you     (thing which resembles you)
>rurwI'Daj   =  Your picture       (your thing which resembles [someone])
>mururwI'Daj =  Your picture of me (your thing which resembles me)

Ouch.  My own argument compels me to accept these as grammatical.
I had previously said that {-wI'} only makes sense with a third-person
subject, but I failed to notice that the prefixes {Du-}, {lI-}, {mu-} and
{nu-} could apply.  Thank you for pointing this out.

 -- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level