tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 08 23:06:08 1995

Re: }} Re: prefixes + wI'

Fri, 4 Aug 1995, ghItlh ghor:

> I needed a word for "picture" some time ago. I came up with {rurwI'},
> "thing which resembles". Might not be the best but served me fine at the
> moment. Then I started to wonder the possibilities with verb prefixes.
>
> What you think of:
>
> DururwI'    =  Picture of you     (thing which resembles you)
> rurwI'Daj   =  Your picture       (your thing which resembles [someone])
> mururwI'Daj =  Your picture of me (your thing which resembles me)

I never liked putting verb prefixes on verbs ending with {-wI'}.  For
"your thing which resembles me", I would say {mururbogh DochlIj}.

Note that {rurwI'} could not only refer to a picture, it could also mean
a statue, a model, a copy, or any other kind of facsimile.  Perhaps a
slightly better word for "picture" you could use is {cha'wI'}.

>  .:ghor:.

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level