tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 02 14:06:20 1995

Re: }} Need some advice..

Just to add to the pile of advice already:

According to Jim Boniface:

>  I saw a t-shirt the other day, with a saying on it that I thought would be
> great for the back of my Klingon paintball shirt, the saying is "Do not
> greet Death, punch him repeatedly in the throat as he drags you away", Now,
> I realize this is going to be a tough for me to translate, but I would like
> to do give it a try (PLEASE do not translate this for me) But I would like
> to know how some of you would START this, as I'm sure the majority of you
> know, I have a hard time reckonizing clauses and such, if someone could
> point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
>    Of course, I'll need more advice along the way. }}}:-]
>

> Jim

I tend to go back to the root thought instead of attacking a
word at a time. This means I make changes like, "Hit his
throat" instead of "punch him in the throat". BTW, Klingons DO
have ONE greeting, so you could say, "When you and Death meet
for the first time, do not merely say, 'What do you want?'
While he carries you, hit his throat repeatedly!"

Does this help?

charghwI'
--

 \___