tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 02 10:38:03 1995

Re: }} Need some advice..

On Tue, 1 Aug 1995, Jim Boniface wrote:
> >"While he is dragging you away, you(imperative) repeatedly punch his throat."
>
>   No, not too much, I do have one question, how do you decide what is the
> main part and what is the subordinate clause?

The main part is the part which actually describes the action, "Punch
him!"  The subordinate clause provides some descriptive reference for the
action, "When this happens," "If that happens," "While the other
happens."  Also check out sec. 6.2.2, pp. 62-3.

janSIy

Back to archive top level