tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 01 12:37:57 1995

[none]

Subject: Re: }} -mo' and N1's N2

>Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 09:40:05 -0400 (EDT)
>From: "Elizabeth C. Hoyt" <[email protected]>

>Ok, I think you finally got this pounded through my thick forehead
>yesterday afternoon. N1 possesses N2. You're talking about a type of N2.
>Do not confuse N1 for an adjective.

>So {paq ngaSwI'} works for book container, but NOT {nav paq} for a book
>made of paper.

See my previous post.  I don't think it has to be possession, and I don't
have evidence that "book made of paper" CAN'T be "nav paq".  I was just
giving you my opinion that it *may* not work.

>> How to say it without using N-N?  Tough.  Maybe "yIH'e' chenmoHbogh yuch",
>> or in a separate sentence: "yIH'e' chenmoHlu'meH yuch lo'lu'" and then just
>> referring to it as "yIH".

>chocolate, which causes the tribble to take form
>someone/something uses chocolate for causing the tribble to take form

>Tough is right.

I was trying to use "chenmoH" for "to comprise", not quite "to cause to
form."  Hmm.

~mark

Back to archive top level