tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 02 00:48:12 1995

Re: }} Need some advice..

On Tue, 1 Aug 1995, Jim Boniface wrote:
> "Do not greet Death, punch him repeatedly in the throat as he drags you
> away" ... I would like to know how some of you would START this

Big problem right off!  Klingons don't even have the concept "to greet",
much less the verb.  Klingons don't greet one another!  Maybe you need to
say instead, "Don't surrender for Death!"  Second problem.  AFAIK,
Klingons don't have a death figure.  The Klingon spirit travels on its
own to either Sto-Vo-Kor or Grethor.  But I can see Klingons hearing of
the human figure, Death, and saying your phrase as if the Humans should
have figured that out centuries ago!

janSIy

Back to archive top level