tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 02 08:43:21 1995

Re: }} Need some advice..

janSiy writes:
>,,,Klingons don't even have the concept "to greet",
>much less the verb.  Klingons don't greet one another!

As yoDtargh has already pointed out, "hail" works well here.  I was hoping
that Jim could figure that out on his own; practice with the vocabulary is
almost as important as practice with the grammar.

>,,,Klingons don't have a death figure.  The Klingon spirit travels on its
>own to either Sto-Vo-Kor or Grethor.

"Death" can be translated literally with no ill effects on the saying.
However, if you want, you can put Fek'lhr in its place.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level