tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 28 21:01:43 1995

Re: Adjective Series

Fri, 28 Apr 1995 ghItlh peHruS:

> I have yet to see anywhere in canon how to connect adjectives in a series,
> i.e., do I use <'ej> because adjectives are [stative] verbs; where I place
> <'ej> then; or, do I use <je> after the last adjective?
>
> The big new book was too expensive.
> 'eHqu' paq tIn chu' je

{'ej} joins sentences; {je} joins nouns.

Except for the anomalous law'/puS construction, I can't think of a canon
example of multiple adjectival verbs on one noun.  I suspect you would
use them sequentially, without using any conjuction.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the word for "expensive" is {wagh}.

E.g. {waghqu' paq tIn chu'}

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level