tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 28 05:33:23 1995

Re: transitive?!? (was Re: bIjatlh 'e' yImev)

{-marqoS}'s reply to Silauren, Half-Elven:

<...snip...>

>Transitivity of a verb simply refers to whether or not it takes an object.
>Most verbs can be used either way; e.g.
>
>        "I see."        (see as intransitive)
>        "I see you."    (see as transitive)
>
>whereas other verbs make sense only in one form:
>
>        "I sleep."
>        *"I sleep you."
>
>bIyaj'a'?

*light bulb turning on* ah, so! wakarimas. domo arigato .... sorry, place
this realization around the ephinay level. Now I understand the difference
between trans and intrans!!! THANK YOU!

      vay' yIHub Hoch 'ej Hoch tIHub vay'
                                          - DumaS
vIta'pu'be' !!!   tlhIngan ghaH *Bart Simpson*'e'
Steve Weaver       [email protected]

Back to archive top level