tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 28 00:15:27 1995

Re: KLBC: Comparatives

jabbI'IdwIj yIlaD

> Maybe it would work better if I said:  bIboghpa' qaStaHvIS cha' DIS jIyInlI'.

So this is a sentence with two subordinate clauses, right?
6.2.2. suggests that {bIboghpa'}, {qaStaHvIS cha' DIS} and
{jIyInlI'} may appear in any order. While this works fine
with only one SOC I think it would be very confusing here.
(Though I might have had less problems understanding
qaStaHvIS cha' DIS bIboghpa' jIyInlI'.)

I don't have an example at hand, but consider the case it
makes a difference whether both SOCs refer to the main
clause or whether (SOC1 MC) functions as MC to SOC2.
How would these two be distinguished?

> Maybe you could also say:  bIboghDI' cha' ben jIboghpu'.

That's very nice!

> yoDtargh

			Marc Doychlangan

Marc Ruehlaender	[email protected]
Universitaet des Saarlandes, Saarbruecken, Germany