tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 27 20:54:16 1995

Re: klingon business card

On Thu, 27 Apr 1995, Ronald L. Kling (Ronn) wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am only on the second lesson on David Barron's course so I really
> need some help on a little project of mine.  Because of my last name
> I am ALWAYS being called a Klingon, so I thought a Klingon business
> card might be a good gimmick to help people remember me.  My normal
> business card is ;
>
> Ronn Kling
> Analysis, Modeling, and Application Development
>
> Ronald means "wise ruler" so I was thinking of something like
>
> Sov'a' che' or Sov'a' ta'.  Sov'a' (large knowledge?) seems to be a
> good equivalent of wise. For ruler all I can find is che' (rule) or
> ta' (emperor) (which may be fine, I tend to be a little egocentric).

{Sov'a' che'} means "does the rule know?"  {Sov'a' ta'} means "does the
emperor know?"

I would translate "wise ruler" as {che'wI' val} (smart or clever ruler) or
{che'wI' 'ong} (cunning ruler).  If you were forming a name, I would
probably make either of these into a single word.

For "analysis, modelling, and application development" I would say:
pojwI', rurwI'Hom chenmoHwI', De'wI' mIw cherwI' je

{pojwI'} (analyzer);
rurwI'Hom chenmoHwI' (builder of small semblances); and
{De'wI' mIw cherwI'} (one who sets up computer processes).

> -Ronn Kling

Cool name, BTW

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level