tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 26 22:47:23 1995

KLBC: Present tense of verbs

Hot diggety dawg, I finally have a reason to post here.

OK, as a tlhIngan Hol neophyte, I have a few questions.

Present tense question.
When I learned Spanish and French, we always translated something like
'Yo hablo' as 'I speak; I do speak; I am speaking'. So, in tlhIngan Hol, in
translating (jIjatlh) may I translate it as (I speak; I am speaking; I do
speak), or am I stuck with just (I speak)?

Verb suffixes (Type 5)
Does (-lu') translate as (it)? Here I must admit to ignorance as to what is
actually meant by 'indifinite subject'.

targhtlhuH
Does this translate as (targh breath) ?

TKD
Are there any errors in TKD? Actually, I remember reading somewhere that
Marc (or the typsetter ... don't you kinda feel for those poor guys?) did
make a small error or two in TKD. Can I have a list of 'corrections' that I
need to make in my copy of TKD? Are these mistakes called (Qaghmey)?

What I remember most from my formal foreign language tuition in the past is
that I wound up learning more English than anything else. Seems to still be
the case.

Thanks all

Qapla'

Bryce