tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 26 08:38:49 1995

Re: Adverbial Concepts

On Wed, 26 Apr 1995, William H. Martin wrote:

> The general rule is that in Klingon, verbs roots are always
> monosyllabic. Nouns and chuvmey may become polysyllabic, but
> not verbs. I know of no exceptions.

hrm... i remember from my Klingon class that there was one or two
exceptions to this rule, but offhand i don't know what they are.
glancing through a list of verbs from class notes, i see the verb
{Qapla'} (v, win), but i can't find that verb in TKD and have no idea
where it came from.  (may have been a mistake in the handouts or
something.)

anyone know of other bisyllabic verbs, ie, from the tapes or published in
HolQeD issues?  or something from TKD i've overlooked?

> charghwI'

--naQ'avwI'

*&* <yIqIm!  *'InIgo' *montoy'a 'oH pongwIj'e'.    *&* Silauren, Half-Elven
*&*         vavwI' DaHoHta'.  yIHeghrup.>          *&* naQ'avwI'
*&*                     --from the Princess Bride  *&* [email protected]
*&* There's only ONE god!  He is the SUN god!  RA!  RA!  RA!!!

Back to archive top level