tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 20 20:58:38 1995

Re: KBLC: Replacement Proverbs

On Wed, 19 Apr 1995, Silauren, Half-Elven wrote:

These are fun quotes.  This is one of my favorite movies.

> not *Asia*Daq puHveS yItagh.

maj.

> not *Sicilian* yIqaD, HeghvaD bISuDchugh.

Not bad.  This probably works okay.  Off the top of my head, I can't really
think of a better way to say it without making a really long sentence.

> *vISI'nI': qech'e' buSlaHbe'bogh vay' 'oH!
>
> *'InIgo:   mu'tlheghvetlh Dalo'taH.
>            qechmeylIj'e' 'oS mu'tlheghvetlh 'e' DaQublaw'bogh
>            'oS mu'tlheghvetlh 'e' vIQubbe'ba'.

"I obviously do not think that that sentence represents your ideas which
you apparently think that that sentence represents," I think.
Ouch!  This is undoubtably the most complicated sentence I've ever tried to
translate.  I know what you're trying to say.  I remember the line from
the movie, but this sentence is almost more than my brain can
handle.  I get dizzy just thinking about it!  {<8-P  Dojqu'.

> --naQ'avwI'

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level