tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 15 04:17:20 1995

yoDtargh: Langauge Updates??

Hi yoDtargh

> > > If you're uncomfortable with using Qapla' as a farewell, then make up your
> > > own:
> > > tugh maghomchuqqa'jaj.  QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.  reH DujlIj yIvoq.
> > > romulusnganpu'vaD yIjatlhQo'.
>
> > Oh no...erm...I am a beginner...please could you translate this for me...as
> > I haven't got enough lifetime left to get through the second word :)
>
> I hope you don't die soon.  {{;-)
Hehe, thanks..hmm I like your Klingon smiley..I usually use
 //
|{{:(   But I think that yours is better because it is smaller...
 \\

> tugh maghomchuqqa'jaj  (May we meet each other again soon.)
Oh right...
Hmm, I should've been able to do that..I'm ashamed of myself :)

> QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj. ("May your coordinates be free of tribbles")
> (PK tape) (Literally:  May one not find a tribble at your coordinates)
Heheh, I like that one too...

> As a side note, I noticed an apparent mistake in TKD, p. 171.  It
> translates "Always trust your instincts" as {Duj tIvoqtaH}
> ({-taH} continuous).  Sec. 3.3.2. says inherently plural nouns should
> receive singular verb prefixes, so it seems to me that {tI-} in the
> example on p. 171 should probably be {yI-} i.e. Duj yIvoqtaH.
Hmm, I'll have to remember that..thankyou very much...
I think you are right here..

> romuluSnganpu'vaD yIjatlhQo'.  (Don't talk to Romulans)
Oh, why not - I like Romulans they are very hospitable towards me :)

> romuluSngan  Romulan (n) (compound noun from {romuluS} (Romulus) + {ngan}
>              (inhabitant))
Yeah, I had figured out that ngan meant something along those lines...

Okay, I have saved all thoughs explanations you kindly did into a text file
so don'tget grouchy that I haven't said much about them :)

> > > rIn jabbI'IDvam
> > Data transmition finished???
>
> (This data transmission is finished.)
Well I was close enough..

> As I mentioned before, Klingons usually dispense with polite social
> phrases and simply state the facts.
Hmm, just like you really...there is no goodbye or anything in your
messages...

> yoDtargh
.only this...

Back to archive top level