tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 13 16:38:40 1995

Re: subgenius

At 10:59 AM 4/13/95 -0400, Silauren, Half-Elven wrote:

>myself and a friend of mine (who doesn't read this list, otherwise he'd
>post it himself) are looking for a translation of "subgenius" into
>Klingon.  has anyone a suggestion?
>
>(chay' *subgenius* vIjatlhlaH?)

Hmm, I thought I posted this but I dont see it getting through.

This is a very sticky problem 'cause you are dealing with a cultural
idiom (I assume as in "The Church of the Subgenius) that no
Klingon will easily comprehend.

Having said that I would use the word wIghHom and make certain it is
followed by rather lenghty footnote.

David Barron

         David Barron  [email protected]  OR   [email protected]
                         Klingon Language Postal Course
                            PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
                 IT'S FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                       Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

>--naQ'avwI'
>
>*&* Silauren, Half-Elven    *&* J. Silauren Greene *&* There's only ONE god!
>*&*  Only Hugh can prevent  *&*   <DaH HIHoH> 'e'  *&* He is the SUN god!!
>*&*      Florist Fryers.    *&*   DajatlhlaH'a'?   *&* Ra! Ra!! RA!!!
>*&* [email protected]  [email protected]  http://sunsite.unc.edu/quack

         David Barron  [email protected]  OR   [email protected]
                         Klingon Language Postal Course
                            PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
                 IT'S FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                       Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level