tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 13 05:40:35 1995

{rIn} versus {Qav}

I want to say "The past two weeks exhausted my strength."  Using the proper
prefix for "they-it" I translate as {HoSwIj lutlhuch cha' Hogh rIn}.
For "the past two weeks" I choose {cha' Hogh rIn} = "two weeks be-finished".
yoDtargh suggests {cha' Hogh Qav} = "two weeks be-final".  Since he holds
the official post of Beginner's Grammarian, I take his suggestions rather
seriously, but in this case I think {rIn} is better.  I offer the subject
to the group for discussion.  What do y'all think?

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level