tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 12 05:36:11 1995

Re: recent posts

In an admirable fit of diplomacy, charghwI' managed to compliment my
grammar highly while complaining about my repeated misuse of pronominal
prefixes.  I'd appreciate being shown examples of my errors.  I've found
that I tend to make mistakes here until I've been corrected twice.

I also want to apologize for my convoluted attempts to translate the words
"candle" (I called it a "little-stick of little-fire") and "break (recess)"
(which got a bit weird).  Somehow I missed them in the TKD's addendum.  (I
still haven't seen a word for "umbrella" though.  If there were a verb for
"deflect" and a noun for "rain" I'd call it a rain-deflecting shield...but
I refuse to misuse the grammar intentionally.)

I might have to break down and start writing in my copy of TKD so that I
have all the definitions in one list.  I've already retyped and printed
out the prefix and suffix lists for easier reference, and I've considered
putting together separate lists of pronouns, adverbs, number words, and
"stative" verbs.  I suppose what I really need is an on-line dictionary.
I have a Macintosh at home, so the MS-DOS pojwI' doesn't help me.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level