tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 12 05:27:57 1995

Re: Relative sentences

"A.Appleyard" <[email protected]> challenged:
>If I convert it into matter known to TKD, e.g. "I asked for the
>little phaser which the captain and his crew do not use when guarding their
>ship", any goes at translating it into Klingon as one sentence?

Dujchaj lu'avmeH HoD beqpu'Daj je pu'Hom'e' lulo'be'bogh vISuq 'e' vItlhobta'.

I translated it "in order that they guard" rather than "while they guard" to
keep the phrase from ambiguously relating to the "I did request" part.  With
that minor adjustment, it seems pretty straighforward to me.

-- ghunchu'wI'

(I hope I'm not annoying anybody with my large bursts of messages.  I'm working
 through the week and a half of digests from the group while I'm home in the
 evening, and I can only send mail from work.)

Back to archive top level