tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 01 13:17:55 1995

Re: Navigation

According to R.B Franklin:

> Here is what I heard in that scene from ST3.  If someone heard something
> differently, let me know...
> Valkris:  jabbI'ID pItlh.  Qu'vaD lI' 'e' tu'bej.
> 	  (Transmission completed.  You will find it useful.)

I had heard this as:

jabbI'ID pItlh. Qu'vaD lI' bItu'bej.

Meanwhile, that doesn't look grammatical. I just now went back
to the video and I think you are right. Meanwhile, this is not
really very good Klingon. "He definitely finds that it is
useful for the mission," doesn't quite mean "You will find it
useful."

> 	yIje'!
> 	(Feed him!)
>
> Crewman:  lu' joHwI'.
> 	  (Yes, my lord.)

I had transcribed this as {lu' jawwI'}. Just now listening to
this again, it sounds like {lu' ja'wI'}, which I suspect is
still closer to {jawwI'} than {joHwI'}.

> I found it somewhat interesting that Vakris addressed Kruge as {jawwI'}
> but the Gunner addressed him as {joHwI'}.

I don't hear it that way, which doesn't mean that either of us
are necessarily right.

> yoDtargh

charghwI'
--