tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 27 03:28:18 1994

Re: KLBC (old): SaQum

According to HoD trI'Qal:

> Lisa Stappvo':
>

> >              tlhIngan Hol vIjatlh 'a vIQaQbe'
>
> Well, let's look:
>
> Your first line comes out: "I speak Klingon, but I am not
good it."...

> This would likely have to be re-worded somehow--but I
> beleive the suggestion I gave above would be understood by
> just about anyone.)  That would be the verb prefix jI-:

> 	tlhIngan Hol vIjatlh 'a jIQaQbe'
>
> Another possibility would be to say:
>
> 	tlhIngan Hol vIjatlh 'a wej jIQaQ
> 	"I speak Klingon, but I am not yet good."

And just for the hell of it, charghwI' offers something
COMPLETELY different:

tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhmeH jIpo'qu'be'.

"For the purpose that I speak Klingon, I am not very skilled."

It just seems a little more to the point.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level