tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 24 05:09:12 1994

KLI on Internet

>From: [email protected]
>Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 21:57:40 EDT

>The KLI has been offerred the use of a Sun 4/110 workstation.  This machine
>will be ours to use as we see fit.  Possible uses include:

Oooooh, *MUCH* too cool.  The trick now is getting a net connection.

>o   Running an instructional MUSH (different rooms being coded to
>    provide language instruction on particular grammaical points)

A definite option... I've built some Klingon stuff here and there.  Perhaps
a MOO; the programming for MOOs is nothing to sneeze at either.

>o   Another FTP site, one which is not subject to the whims of a
>    university's sysops who care nothing for Klingon.

Yes.  No offence to Matt W, but that PC ftp doesn't agree with most ftp
clients I've used.  We could use a nice, UNIX-y server, and it would be
easier to maintain.

>o   The site of a WorldWideWeb node (which Mark Shoulson has
>    graciously offerred to write for us, thank you Mark!)

Oh definitely.  WWW is much too much in the public eye to pass up.  When we
can get three or four pages up and running and get our name in the What's
New page, hold onto your betleHmey!  You'll get more new people than you'll
know what to do with.  I'll certainly write up some pages, or at least put
your text into HTML format, configure the server, etc.

>And whatever other uses we choose to come up with.  I don't know what
>arrangements Eli has with the current site of the mailing list, but if he
>wanted to move it to the new site that would certainly be a possibility.

It might be a good plan.

>We have already put in a request for the site name: KLI.org

Excellent.  Have you looked into arranging net connection?

>So, if any of you have some spare SIMMs, know of a place to acquire some
>cheaply, or wish to donate to the cause, you know where to find me.
>mailing list.

Erg, I'll see.  I know I have some in my office... but they're the
company's, not mine.  Hafta see...

>If nothing else, we now have yet another topic for discussion at the
>Philadelphia meeting!

You bet!

>Lawrence

~mark