tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 23 10:00:41 1994

KLI on Internet

It's been a real good day.  Not only did I pick up the new issue from the
printer, but I was the recipient of a very sweet deal.

The KLI has been offerred the use of a Sun 4/110 workstation.  This machine
will be ours to use as we see fit.  Possible uses include:

o   Running an instructional MUSH (different rooms being coded to
    provide language instruction on particular grammaical points)
o   Another FTP site, one which is not subject to the whims of a
    university's sysops who care nothing for Klingon.
o   The site of a WorldWideWeb node (which Mark Shoulson has
    graciously offerred to write for us, thank you Mark!)

And whatever other uses we choose to come up with.  I don't know what
arrangements Eli has with the current site of the mailing list, but if he
wanted to move it to the new site that would certainly be a possibility.

We have already put in a request for the site name: KLI.org

All in all, I am very pleased with the generous offer/gift.  There's only one
slight catch.  We have to come up with the SIMMs needed for the machine's
RAM.  Specifically, sixteen 1 MG SIMMs.  No, we can't use any SIMMs larger
than 1 MG, sorry, it's an older machine.  And yes, all sixteen SIMMs *must*
be the same speed (I'm told 80 ns would be fine).

So, if any of you have some spare SIMMs, know of a place to acquire some
cheaply, or wish to donate to the cause, you know where to find me.
mailing list.

Suggestions of other appropriate uses to put the site to strike me as
reasonable fodder for the mailing list (unless Eli instructs us otherwise).

If nothing else, we now have yet another topic for discussion at the
Philadelphia meeting!

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   ::