tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 08 07:34:04 1994

Summer Events

>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>
>Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 10:09:38 EDT

>Has anybody notified Paramount of this event? Entertainment
>Tonight should AT LEAST be notified. How else is Paramount
>supposed to discover me?

Heh.  Or at least local news.

>    muneH chaH 'e' Sovta'be' neH "Paramount"

>[Paramount wants me. They just don't know it yet.]

Awwww, charghwI'; I know you can do better than that.  "Sovta'be'" is a
strange construction to start with: "-ta'" is a perfective, indicating that
the action is finished.  And how can you be "finished" knowing something?
(cf Welsh, where (I think) the verbs "to know" (gwybod and adnabod) are
never used in perfect tenses; only a verb like "sylwi"=realize is.  Or
something).  I suppose you can use "realize" (tlhoj) or even SovchoH.  But
you could even stick with Sov if you remember the important way to get to
"not yet": "wej".

>> Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

>charghwI'

~mark