tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 05 02:29:38 1994

punctuation

>From: [email protected]
>Date: Thu, 02 Jun 94 18:33:56 -0700

>What is acceptable punctuation for Klingon?  In particular, is it
>considered redundant to throw in question marks when you're obviously
>using question-words or suffixes?

Another point of contention on this list.  The most common convention (at
least the one I like best) is that we're not writing in true proper Klingon
orthography anyway; we're already making things easy on our
English-accustomed eyes by using roman characters, why not use punctuation
just as we're used to it?  Besides, Okrand used punctuation (includijng
question marks) on the card that came with the Power Klingon tape.

>--steve

~mark

Back to archive top level