tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 01 10:39:38 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Safety Motto

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

naHQun:
>> I've recently been appointed to the Safety Committee at work.
>> All of the members are supposed to come up with a personal safety
>> motto or saying that will end up on the back of our safety vests.
>>
>> I'm assuming there are no famous quotes about safety, but I'm open to
>> suggestions.

Voragh:
> Why not use or adapt one of the many proverbs about fools?[]
>	[...]
>   meQtaHbogh qachDaq Suv qoH neH
>   Only a fool fights in a burning house. TKW

Which got me to thinking about fire safety...

  reH latlh qabDaq qul tuj law' Hoch tuj puS
  The fire is always hotter on someone else's face. PK

  DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'
  Set fire on the side when there is danger. PK

  HochvaD pung Hutlh qul
  flames have no mercy for anyone PB

And how about this all-purpose advice:

  tujpa' qul pub SuvwI' 'Iw
  A warrior's blood boils before the fire is hot. TKW

TKT 32:  This proverb suggests that it is better to take the initiative than to simply react to situations.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons