tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 07 08:57:56 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jaw

nIqolay Q ([email protected])

I think it might just be a coincidence. IIRC, the behind-the-scenes
story for {jaw} is that the actress playing Valkris couldn't pronounce
some of the Klingon words right, so MO just retconned her
mispronunciation of {joH} into a synonym. I believe this is the same
reason why there are two words for "yes", {HIja'} and {HISlaH}.