tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 14 09:52:37 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon phrases with meanings in other languages

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

The only example that comes to mind in any language pair is Russian, Вот
он идёт which means "here he comes" or "there he goes" but sounds like
English "What an idiot."

I rarely notice cross-lingual puns until they are pointed out. I only seem
to be able to concentrate on one language at a time. You should get
non-Klingon speakers to listen to the chat that 'arHa recorded to see what
they feel they hear.

- Qov