tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 16 07:06:58 2014

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Sweets

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Felix Malmenbeck:
> > Along the same lines, you could also use «naHlet velbogh yuch» ("nut(s)
> covered by chocolate", or "chocolate covering nut(s)").

ghunchu'wI':
> I think {pID} would be more appropriate than {vel}.

vel  "cover, coat, mask"  (Lieven Litaer < MO, 1/09/2012):

  rav vel tlhIm
  the carpet covers the floor

  rav velmeH tlhIm lo'
  lay a carpet ("use a carpet to cover the floor")

pID  "coat (food) with herbed mixture":

KGT 89f.:  if [the meat] is fresh, the 'cook' may {pID} it, which involves coating it with herbed granulated cartilage (not necessarily from the same animal) mixed with some kind of {tIr} (grain) and doing very little else. The name of the granulated cartilage is {ngat}, which has also come to mean gunpowder.

{qat} "wrap, encase" might also work, though we have no examples other than a musical metaphor:

KGT 76:  The verb {qat} literally means "wrap, encase", the imagery apparently being that the instrumentation adds the final, though not absolutely necessary, touches.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons