tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 20 20:24:47 2013

[Tlhingan-hol] Story: ghuv = The Recruit - 29

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

So Torg, the new soldier, sent alone on his first mission, has taken down
two Romulans in a firefight, but the third is wearing body armour and is
calling for reinforcements.
---
chob'a' cholqa' torgh 'ach tlhoy'Daq beQ'eghmoHmo'  wej leghlaH 'avwI'.
yovrupchoHtaHvIS torgh, DIn HeHDaq beH 'er'In legh. beH 'uchchoH torgh 'ej
'avwI' qabDaq megh'an jop. loD qab Qan Surchem. beH lutlhapmeH ghobtaHvIS
loDpu', cha'logh laQ. tlhoy' rav'eq je qIp tIHmey. poSchoH lojmIt Sum 'ach
'oHvo' ghoS pagh. lojmIt vegh chang'eng, 'omchuqtaHvIS. SoQchoH lojmIt.

---

chob'a' cholqa' torgh 'ach tlhoy'Daq beQ'eghmoHmo'  wej leghlaH 'avwI'.
"Torg comes near again to the main corridor, but because he flattens himself
[beQ'eghmoHmo'] against [the meaning "against" just comes out of -Daq
because that is the locative preposition for this situation in English]  the
wall [tlhoy'Daq], the guard does not yet see him."

yovrupchoHtaHvIS torgh, DIn HeHDaq beH 'er'In legh. 'er'In = end (of a long
object) "As Torg becomes prepared to charge, he sees the end of a rifle at
the edge of the entranceway."

beH 'uchchoH torgh 'ej 'avwI' qabDaq megh'an jop. 'uch = hold; megh'an =
contrasting end to 'er'In "Torg takes hold ['uchchoH] of the rifle and
thrusts the other end into the guard's face."

loD qab Qan Surchem. "A forcefield protects the man's face."

beH lutlhapmeH ghobtaHvIS loDpu', cha'logh laQ. "While the men battled over
[lit: battled in order to take] the rifle, it fired twice." (What is the
subject of laQ? If it is not the weapon then this should be lulaQ, or rather
I prefer laQlu', because I don't know if they fired it, one of them fired
it.

 tlhoy' rav'eq je qIp tIHmey. "The beams hit the wall and ceiling."

poSchoH lojmIt Sum 'ach 'oHvo' ghoS pagh. "A nearby door opened, but
nothing/no one came out of it."

 lojmIt vegh chang'eng, 'omchuqtaHvIS. vegh = go through (an existing
opening); chang'eng = pair; 'om = resist "The pair went through the door,
resisting one another.

SoQchoH lojmIt. = the door closed

Is it obvious why I made that happen in that scene? I know why I did it, but
I'm not completely sure why I bothered.

- Qov