tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 12 07:55:29 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] {yIghoSDo'}?

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

I'm fairly certain it originated on the page Omniglot: http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/klingon.php

I actually sent them a bunch of corrections way back, and they updated their site accordingly ... including, unfortunately, the sentence {nItebHa' mamI' DaneH?}, which I erringly suggested.
Not sure if yIghoSDo' wasn't on that page then or if I just missed it (or perhaps thought it was no' Hol, like Delaq Do').

So, if we compile a list of errors, I'm sure we can get them to change it. The most glaring ones I see are:

*yIghoSDo'* = "Good luck!"
[nItebHa'] mamI' DaneH? = "Shall we dance?"
naDevvo' yIghoS! can be expanded with a plural form.
Qapla' = "Goodbye" (which, even though they clarify that it really means "Success!", is quite misleading)
... vo' vIpawtaH = "I'm from ..." is weird; {mungwIj 'oH ...'e'} or {...Daq jIbogh} would be good parallels to the questions posed.