tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 28 10:26:25 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Acts Chapter 2 in Klingon (vagh 'ay' wej)

I've been told that only 21 verses are requested by the Pentecost-reader.

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Robyn Stewart <[email protected]> wrote:
> 21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the
> Lord shall be saved.
> 'ej qaS wanI'vam: Qun pong jachbogh nuv'e' toDlu'.
> And this event occurs: the person who calls out the name of god will be
> rescued.

This "call on" means something like "cite" or "invoke". yap <jatlh> 'e' vIHar.

I'm not sure {toD} is a good translation of σωθήσεται (sōthēsetai).
However, to substitute something like {qIchHa'} would probably put too
much emphasis on something that isn't the focus of the passage.

-- ghunchu'wI'