tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 17 08:08:45 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghar

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

>>> Klingon word: ghar
>>> Part of speech: noun
>>> Definition: diplomacy

Voragh:
>> > AFAIK never used in a Klingon sentence.

Fiat Knox:
>> How very true.

SuStel:
> Don't be ignorant! This word is very important to Klingons:
>
> lI'be' ghar
> diplomacy is useless
>
> ghar yIqImHa'
> ignore diplomacy!
>
> naDev gharlIj vIghaj
> I got yer diplomacy right here

"If you were not an ambassador I would disembowel you right now!" (Worf to Iyaaran Amb. Byleth, who had accused Worf of lying during a poker game [TNG "Liaisons"])

Known Klingon diplomats/ambassadors are Kamarag (ST4 & SAREK) and Kell (TNG "The Mind's Eye").  Have we seen any others?  (Note that K'Ehleyr was a Federation ambassador (TNG "The Emissary" & "Reunion".)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons