tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 17 13:52:11 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Comic-Con San Diego Klingon postcards

David Holt ([email protected])

> Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 21:07:13 +0200
> From: [email protected]
>
> http://www.startrek.com/article/startrek-com-giving-away-klingon-postcards-at-comic-com
>
> These are pretty nice, except that the artist seems to have
> consistently replaced {gh} with {ghH}.

They have also done the same error with {chH}.  They apparently don't realize they are using a font where {gh} is mapped to "g" and {ch} is mapped to "c".  I would bet that  {ng} is probably mapped to "f" and if they had used any sentances with {ng} they likely would have {ngh} instead.  However, I would have also assumed that they would have printed both {q} and {Q} as {Q} and am surprised to instead see {Q} represented by {q}.  It must be a different font than the ones I am used to that use "k" for {q}.

janSIy